Examples of Core Values
Seventh Generation is the nation’s leading brand of non-toxic and environmentally safe household products
Leadership, Inspiration, and Positive Change
A company with the authority to lead, the creativity to inspire and the will to foster positive social and environmental change.
Make The World a Better Place
A community in which individuals possess the resources, knowledge, courage and commitment to make the world a better place.
Sustainability, Justice, and Compassion
A society whose guiding principles include: environmental sustainability, social justice and compassion for all living creatures.
An Earth Restored
An earth that is restored, protected and cherished for this generation and those to come.
To be the recognized center of excellence for financing solutions that help Lockheed Martin companies close sales by designing and providing the best market-based financial solutions that are commercially available to the end customer.
- Passion . . . to be passionate about winning and about our brands, products and people, thereby delivering superior value to our shareholders.
- Risk Tolerance . . . to create a culture where entrepreneurship and prudent risk taking are encouraged and rewarded.
- Excellence . . . to be the best in quality and in everything we do.
- Motivation . . . to celebrate success, recognizing and rewarding the achievements of individuals and teams.
- Innovation . . . to innovate in everything, from products to processes.
- Empowerment . . . to empower our talented people to take the initiative and to do what’s right.
- Alignment and accountability: We accept responsibility for our actions. We make and support business decisions through experience and good judgment.
- Customer Service Excellence: We are dedicated to satisfying customer needs and honoring commitments that we have made to them.
- Teamwork: Our team is supportive of each other’s efforts, loyal to one another, and care for each other both personally and professionally.
- Balance: We are flexible, helping team members strike a healthy work and life balance.
- Community and environment: We strive to help and improve the communities where we work and live. We are concerned about the environment and promote the use of recyclable products and renewable energy.
- Integrity: We act with honesty and integrity, not compromising the truth.
- Passion for results: We show pride, enthusiasm and dedication in everything that we do. We are committed to selling and delivering high quality products and services.
- Respect: We treat our team members, customers, partners and suppliers with mutual respect and sensitivity, recognizing the importance of diversity. We respect all individuals and value their contributions.
- Open Communication: All team members are encouraged to openly share their
opinions and views.
Our mission will be accomplished by living according to values that speak to the economic, social, and environmental responsibilities of business and society.
Integrity – We believe our promise is our most vital product – our word is our bond. The relationships that are critical to our success depend entirely on maintaining the highest ethical and moral standards around the world. As a vital measure of integrity, we will ensure the health and safety of our communities, and protect the environment in all we do.
Respect for People – We believe in the inherent worth of people and will honor our relationships with those who let us be part of this world: We, the employees of Dow, are the engine of value creation; our imagination, determination, and dedication are essential to growth. We will work to celebrate and reward the unique backgrounds, viewpoints, skills, and talents of everyone at Dow. Respect for people is measured by how we treat each other, by the contributions that flow from our diversity, by the productivity of our relationships, and by a job well done, no matter what the job.
- Our communities are our neighbors; their acceptance of us is vital to our ability to operate.
- Our customers are our partners in creating value; their loyalty is our greatest reward.
- Our shareholders are the beneficiaries of our success; their on-going commitment to us is based on returning to them superior profits over time.
- Our respect for people also extends to the consumers whose lives we touch. We will strive to answer people’s most vital needs: for food, water, shelter, transportation, communication, health and medicine.
Unity – We are one company, one team. We believe that succeeding as one enterprise is as important as succeeding independently. Balancing empowerment and interdependence makes us strong. As one company, Dow’s impact on the world is far greater than the impact of any one of its parts. We will work together, building relationships to create ever-greater value for the customers and consumers we serve.
” Outside-in Focus – We believe that growth comes from looking at opportunity through the eyes of customers and all those we serve. Taking an “outside-in” view ensures that our efforts are always relevant and that our unique talents are applied to “real world” opportunities.
We will see through the eyes of those whose lives we affect, identifying unmet needs and producing innovative and lasting solutions. We will bring to this task all of our experience and knowledge as the unique individuals we are.
Agility – At Dow, we believe our future depends on speed and flexibility – mental, emotional and physical. Responding resourcefully to society’s fast-changing needs is the only road to success. We will meet the forces of change with power and grace. We will make course corrections that demonstrate flexibility as well as courage, and that highlight our ability to keep ourselves aligned with a world in motion.
” Innovation – We believe that meaningful, productive change – solving problems – only comes by looking at challenges and opportunities from new angles and exercising our curiosity.
In the name of innovation, we will make science a way of living. We will not only master the science of the physical world, but the science of the mind and heart. Our job is to unlock answers that make a fundamental difference to people’s lives. We will use technology to help lead society forward. We will conceive, design, engineer, and execute solutions that remove barriers to human potential and productivity.
Reliant Resources – Electricity
How we create value:
- Acting with absolute integrity
- Collaborating, supporting and respecting one another
- Communicating openly, honestly and frequently
- Developing a highly motivated, valued and diverse workforce
- Optimizing our financial and physical resources
- Simplifying and improving our processes continuously
Marriott International – Entertainment & Information
Core Values: The “Marriott Way” is built on fundamental ideals of service to associates, customers and community. These ideals serve as the cornerstone for all Marriott associates fulfilling the “Spirit to Serve.”
Rite Aid is a place where customers are treated with respect and they feel appreciated and welcome.
- We are committed to a teamwork environment where every associate is a valued member, treated with respect, encouraged to contribute and recognized and rewarded for his/her efforts.
- We value our suppliers as partners.
- We are committed to the highest level of integrity in every aspect of our business.
- We are fiscally responsible and committed to consistently deliver value for our investors.
- We communicate openly, honestly and accurately with our stakeholders: associates, shareholders and suppliers.
- We are focused on and committed to the healthcare needs of our customers.
- We are caring neighbors, involved in community activities in meaningful ways and committed to reflecting the diversity of each community we serve.
Ingram Micro will achieve results with the highest integrity, with a focus on enhancing the success of our customers, vendors and associates.
We commit to these values to guide our decisions and our behaviors:
We promote and support a diverse, yet unified, team. We work together to meet our common goals.
We honor the rights and beliefs of our fellow associates, our customers, our shareowners, our manufacturers and our community. We treat others with the highest degree of dignity, equality and trust.
We accept our individual and team responsibilities and we meet our commitments. We take responsibility for our performance in all of our decisions and actions.
We employ the highest ethical standards, demonstrating honesty and fairness in every action that we take.
We are creative in delivering value to our fellow associates, customers, shareowners, manufacturers and community. We anticipate change and capitalize on the many opportunities that arise.
Sunoco, Inc. is committed to:
Profitable Growth - Seeking sustainable, profitable growth by encouraging relentless pursuit of our vision, simplicity of style, speed of action, innovation and leadership in all of our chosen business activities.
Positive Change – Embracing and capitalizing on change, recognizing that every employee must be empowered to stimulate continuous improvement in all aspects of our business.
Enthusiastic Customers – Enhancing our reputation as a company that customers can rely on to deliver products so excellent in their quality, and service so outstanding in its responsiveness, that Sunoco will always be recognized for leadership in the marketplace.
Involved Employees – Striving for a workplace where opportunity, openness, enthusiasm, diversity, teamwork, accountability and a sense of purpose combine to provide a rewarding professional experience that promotes fairness, dignity and respect for all employees.
Confident Shareholders – Managing all parts of our business in a manner that builds value into the investment of all shareholders, confirming their confidence in participating in the ownership of this company.
Responsible Citizenship – Conducting our business with the highest standards of ethics, adherence to the law, and “doing what’s right” — thereby continuing Sunoco’s legacy of encouraging a healthy and safe workplace, responsible government, a highly competitive free enterprise system, environmental excellence and community enrichment.
EQUIFAX – Business Services
It is all about growth, innovation and deployment of technology, led by the greatest people anywhere.
Our Core Business Values:
- We do what we say.
- We do it with respect.
- We do it fairly.
- We do it with integrity.
- We execute with speed.
- We take prudent risks.
- We work as a team.
- We are accountable for our actions.
- We make tough decisions.
- We are performance driven.
The City of Windsor, Canada
“Windsor, Canada’s southernmost city and international gateway, is a diverse community of safe caring neighbourhoods, with a vibrant economy and a healthy sustainable environment.”
Leave a Comment or Question
Topics in this post: Core Values |